4 Techniques for Using Technologies in Large Lecture Classes
For introduction and learning objectives for each of the following suggested topics, click here.
1) In-Class Polling: Clickers & Collaborative Google Presentation
2) Backchannel Interaction in the Classroom: Adobe Connect Chat Room
3) Simple Presentation Capture: PowerPoint Show
Group Exercise Sample File (PowerPoint) (sample from Emerson College)
4) Pre-Class Lecture Review: Media Markup
Let’s reflect on the activity you worked on. Discuss these questions with your partner(s) next to you.
- What did you learn? What was useful/challenging? How could you incorporate some of these techniques into your own class or can you?
- Have you tried any other techniques for using technology to engage students in the classroom? Feel free to share them.
Post your comment at the bottom of this page (Name/Email address could be fictitious).
Finally, check out this Additional Resources page to learn more about each topic.