Whether you are a novice or veteran in statistics and data sciences, the Tufts University Student Chapter of the American Statistical Association welcomes you! As graduate students, we seek to gain professional development as data scientists and statisticians by refining our knowledge of statistical application and skills in statistical programming. This focus ensures that graduate students can enter the working world competent in solving complex data-related problems, think critically about data sciences, and effectively communicate across inter-generational, trans-disciplinary research teams.
Through a combination of faculty-sponsored project-based learning opportunities and regular workshops on topics related to data science, data analytics, and statistics, Tufts ASA works to promote statistical learning, practice, and research across all campuses. As a student member, you will work with other graduate students to build students’ statistical literacy so that they may have the tools to contribute to academia, industry, government, and other research fields. For more information, review the other information provided on our site!
Interested in joining? We would love to collaborate with you!
Click here to subscribe to our Tufts-ASA mailing list. By subscribing, you will receive weekly updates with information on:
- Dates, times, and topics to be discussed in chapter meetings
- Details on upcoming Tufts-ASA events, skill-building workshops, and courses
- Information on statistics and data analytics conferences around Boston
- Helpful resources and articles discussing topics in statistics and data science
- Polls and surveys inquiring about your interests for future meetings and events