Ellen C. Myers Memorial Prize Winner: Mark Beckwith

The Ellen C. Myers Memorial Prize is awarded to students who have achieved high scholarship in the face of adverse circumstances.  

Mark Beckwith (A22) is a stellar student who maintains excellent academic achievement despite daunting setbacks. The epitome of resilience, perseverance, diligence, hard work, kindness, compassion and gratitude, Mark is committed to helping others. He has helped gather and distribute food to families struggling with joblessness during the pandemic, and volunteers with organizations helping people cope with addiction. Mark was nominated for this award by several professors in the Sociology Department who commented on his boundless joy for learning “that makes a professor smile, even after 14 weeks on Zoom.” 

7 thoughts on “Ellen C. Myers Memorial Prize Winner: Mark Beckwith

• May 22, 2021 at 8:36 pm

Mark is incredible. He always is available to help someone in need. He is such a hard worker and such a great friend. I have never met anyone like him, when it comes to hard work and compassion for people.
    You can put him in any situation and he will thrive.
    Mark works so hard in school, he really deserves this award!

• May 22, 2021 at 11:56 pm

I’ve known Mark for 32 years! He is one of the kindest, generous and most thoughtful people I know. To say I’m proud of him would be an understatement. He has shed so much of what he thought defined him to figure out who he really is. This came with hard work and sacrifice. I am in awe of the person he has become. Mark is forever making a difference in people’s lives. With his perseverance, compassion and educational achievement he will continue to be a part of the solution.
    I’m so glad the professors at Tufts see the light he shines. Cheers!

• May 23, 2021 at 11:12 am

Mark is a wonderful student and human being. He worked extremely hard in my class, was very kind in his interactions with others, and was always willing to do his best. I still remember the incredible oral presentation that he gave in my Spanish class, and some of our conversations in my office not only about course content, but also about life. Mark is one of those students that you will always remember for his resilience, his passion, and his compassion. He truly deserves this prize. Felicitaciones, Mark.

• August 14, 2023 at 10:53 pm

Usually I don’t learn post on blogs, however I wish to say that this write-up very compelled me to try and do so! Your writing style has been amazed me. Thanks, very nice post.

• September 5, 2023 at 10:47 am

I’m so in love with this. You did a great job!!

• September 5, 2023 at 10:50 pm

You helped me a lot with this post. I love the subject and I hope you continue to write excellent articles like this.