Gemma Cifarelli Memorial Scholarship Winner: Kamar Godoy

The Gemma Cifarelli Memorial Scholarship honors good academic standing combined with participation in activities of importance to the university. 

Kamar Godoy (E22) has exhibited deep commitment to peer mentoring and inclusive, student-centered practice. He has made transformative contributions to the mechanical engineering, physics, and astronomy communities at Tufts, helping with programming, providing student support, and working with faculty and teaching assistants to increase equity and student agency in courses. He is also dedicated to access and inclusion outside of Tufts, conducting outreach to spark intellectual curiosity among students in the greater Boston community.

One thought on “Gemma Cifarelli Memorial Scholarship Winner: Kamar Godoy

• March 27, 2024 at 6:21 pm

Gemma and I were classmates and cheerleaders at Tufts in the 1950s. Her sudden death from a car accident left her friends shocked and bereft. She was fun loving, full of energy, with plenty of joie de vivre and a smart young woman. We who loved her were devastated.
    When I give my contribution to Tufts every year, I mark mine for the Gemma Cifarelli Scholarship. As I was preparing to do so again this year I wondered if it was still viable as I hadn’t heard anything about it for years. I was happy when I googled it, to see there is enough money each year to continue giving a scholarship.
    Best wishes to the outstanding recipients. Dorene Lees Lengyel ’57