For the Fall of 2020, the Bray Lab PAL Machine Shop will be operating as a job shop.
Materials must be covered by the requester. For example through research or course project funding.
Currently, there is no hourly charge for part requests or lab experiments.
- Read through this page for necessary details
- Complete your Bray User Profile
- Submit one Part Request Form Fall 2020 per part [link at bottom of page]
- Upload part files [instructions in form]
- An employee will review your request and contact you within one business via email.
- If applicable, drop off material within 24 hours after receiving notification that your request was approved. Instructions below.
- Pick up completed part within 24 hours of receiving notification that your part is complete.
- A photo of your part (.png or .jpeg)
- A part file. Typically we require a .dxf or .stl file.
You are welcome to submit both if you are uncertain.
Typical rule for deciding between .dxf or .stl file:
Upload a .DXF file for parts that can be described with a 2D profile and thickness.
Upload a .STL file for parts that have complex 3D geometries.
Machines and Part File Types
We use different file types with different machines.
.dxf file parts can be made the fastest
- Label your material with your full name
- Bray Lab is located at 504 Boston Ave. Medford
- The Drop-Off Bin is located near the left/north side entrance of Bray Lab next to the large garage door
- Although Bray Lab is not responsible for stolen material, rest assured materials will be obtained from the bin throughout each weekday.
- Receive notification that part is complete
- The Pick-Up Bin is located next to Drop-Off Bin
- Bray Lab is not responsible for stolen parts. It is best to pick up your part ASAP.
- You will be receiving email updates from firstname.lastname@example.org
- If the part request is denied
- If the part request is approved
- When the part is completed
- We are a small team with immense responsibility this semester, your patience and support is greatly appreciated