The 2021 Cybersecurity Policy Summer Fellowship program will support three Tufts students with $5000 each in internships working on cybersecurity policy in civil society organizations (students completing internships in organizations outside North America will be funded at $7000).
The fellowships are available for all Tufts students: undergraduates, graduate, and professional school students. Preference will be given to students with academic backgrounds related to cybersecurity policy, including computer science, international relations, law, and political science. These organizations are interested in having a Tufts cybersecurity policy fellow.
Student applications are due November 20, 2020. Interviews for a possible match will be between December 7-11; this may be followed with an interview with a possible host organization in early January 2021. Matches will be finalized by February 12, 2021. See the following page for application information.
Students who receive a Cybersecurity Policy Summer fellowship should arrange to spend a period of 10 weeks between May 24 and August 31, 2021 working for their host organization, the exact dates determined by mutual agreement. Students are responsible for arranging their own travel and housing for that period.
Cybersecurity Policy Summer Fellows will be expected to write to write a short essay describing their experiences, to be submitted by October 1, 2021. They may also be asked to participate in a panel about the program during the fall term of 2021.
- Listing of organizations interested in having a Tufts Cybersecurity Policy Fellow will be posted on: October 16, 2020.
- Internship applications due: November 20, 2020 11:59 EST.
- Interview dates: December 7-11, 2020.
- Response to organizations of potential fellows: January 4-8, 2021.
- “Match” interviews between students and civil-society organizations: Completed by January 29, 2021.
- Fellowships announced: February 12, 2021.
Funding for the 2021 Cybersecurity Policy Summer Fellowship Program is provided by the William and Flora Hewlett Foundation.