Josephine Wolff asked, So What Does Trump Have Against TikTok? in the New York Times.
Susan Landau was quoted in an article on contact tracing and privacy in the New Yorker.
Ming Chow participated in the inaugural episode of NetSPI’s podcast, Agent of Influence, on The Evolution of Cyber Security Education and How to Break into the Industry.
Josephine Wolff wrote an opinion piece for the New York Times on March 25, 2020: How to (Carefully) Use Tech to Contain the Coronavirus and for CBS News on April 5, 2020: With More Working From Home, Our Internet Undergoes a Stress Test.
Susan Landau co-authored an op-ed for The Hill with Denis McDonough, Breaking the Encryption Impasse on January 16, 2020.
The New York Times published two op-eds by Josephine Wolff: Cybersecurity Experts Are Leaving the Federal Government. That’s a Problem on December 19, 2019 & How Do You Get Students to Think Like Criminals? on November 6, 2019.
- We’re Heading Toward a Cyber Pearl Harbor by James Stavridis. James Stavridis, F83, F84, former NATO supreme allied commander, is dean of the Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy at Tufts University.
- Hacking Democracy by Heather Stephenson. Adam Segal, F93, director of the Digital and Cyberspace Policy Program at the Council on Foreign Relations and author of The Hacked World Order discusses what to expect in the years to come.
- Banking on Trust by Siobhan MacDermott. Siobhan MacDermott, F13, is Bank of America’s Global Cyber Public Policy Executive.
- When Attackers Pull the Plug on the Internet by Alison Lawlor Russell. Alison Lawlor Russell, F12, is a professor of political science at Merrimack College and author of Cyber Blockades and Strategic A2/AD in Cyberspace.
- Power Plants and Transportation Systems Are at Risk by Scott E. DePasquale. Scott E. DePasquale, F14, is president and CEO of the Financial Systemic Analysis & Resilience Center.
- Why Privacy is Essential to Security by Susan Landau. Susan Landau is the Bridge Professor in Cyber Security and Policy at the Fletcher School and the Tufts School of Engineering. This essay is adapted from her book, Listening In: Cybersecurity in an Insecure Age.
Threat Analyst Insights: An Early Career Perspective by Winnona DeSombre (A ’18, now at Recorded Future) (June 21, 2018)
Bring in the Nerds: EFF Introduces Actual Encryption Experts to U.S. Senate Staff, Susan Landau quoted. (May 3, 2018)
Decrypting the Encryption Debate: A Framework for Decision Makers, National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine; Susan Landau was a committee member. (February 15, 2018)
BG Maria B. Barrett (J88), Deputy Commander (Operations) for the Cyber National Mission Force (CNMF), United States Cyber Command (USCYBERCOM) honored as one of Distinguished Jumbos (February 6, 2018)
“Failings in Cybersecurity Education: An Interview with Professor Ming Chow” (January 31, 2018)
“Will we ever be able to trust self-driving cars?” Kathleen Fisher of Tufts Computer Science says car companies don’t have enough economic incentives to secure automotive security systems. (January 19, 2018)