Ravi Shankar Chaturvedi is the Associate Director of Research and Doctoral Research Fellow for Innovation and Change at Fletcher’s Institute for Business in the Global Context (IBGC) where he leads the Digital Planet research program. He is the co-author of the third most read Harvard Business Review article in 2015, “Where the Digital Economy is Moving the Fastest”. His research interests are in the thematic areas of the global digital economy, inclusive business, and technology for good.
Chaturvedi has extensive experience in emerging markets, strategy and business management, and the payments industry. He served as a Member of the Advisory Group for the Estonian Government’s e-Residency. Prior to Fletcher, Chaturvedi was the Head of Portfolio and Products for the Middle East and North Africa region at American Express. He also worked in various capacities in parts of Asia for a decade with organizations such as Standard Chartered, HSBC, and Hewlett Packard.
Currently a PhD Candidate at The Fletcher School, Chaturvedi also holds the MIB degree from Fletcher, where he was an Emerging Markets Enterprise Scholar, and an MBA from the Asian Institute of Management, Philippines, where he was on the Dean’s List.
- “Which Countries Are Leading the Data Economy?“ Harvard Business Review. January 2019 (w/ Bhaskar Chakravorti & Ajay Bhalla)
- “The 4 Dimensions of Digital Trust, Charted Across 42 Countries.” Harvard Business Review. February 2018 (w/ Bhaskar Chakravorti & Ajay Bhalla)
- “The ‘Smart Society’ of the Future Doesn’t Look Like Science Fiction.” Harvard Business Review. October 2017 (w/ Bhaskar Chakravorti)
- “60 Countries’ Digital Competitiveness, Indexed.” Harvard Business Review. July 2017 (w/ Bhaskar Chakravorti & Ajay Bhalla)
- “The Countries That Would Profit Most from a Cashless World.” Harvard Business Review. May 2016 (w/ Bhaskar Chakravorti & Benjamin Mazzotta)
- “How Benchmarking Can Help Countries Become More Digital.” Harvard Business Review. March 2016. (w/ Bhaskar Chakravorti)
- “Europe’s Other Crisis: A Digital Recession.” Harvard Business Review. October 2015.
- “Digital Fairness vs. Facebook’s Dream of World Domination.” Harvard Business Review. August 2015.
- “The Way to Estonia: How to Reach Digital Nirvana.” Foreign Affairs. March 2015. (w/ Bhaskar Chakravorti & Christopher Tunnard)
- “Where the Digital Economy is Moving the Fastest.” Harvard Business Review. February 2015. (w/ Bhaskar Chakravorti & Christopher Tunnard)
- “Digital Planet: Readying for the Rise of the e-Consumer.” The Fletcher School. September 2014. (w/ Bhaskar Chakravorti & Christopher Tunnard)
- “Mumtalakat and Bahrain’s National Economic Strategy: Straddling Performance and Liquidity.” SovereigNET. November 2013.
Recent Media Mentions:
- “Nordic countries top digital nations ranking, but risk stalling.” ComputerWeekly. August 2017.
- “Businesses are saving time and money by getting rid of cash.” Marketplace. July 2017.
- “Inside Bahrain’s Sovereign Wealth Fund Mumtalakat.” Institutional Investor. January 2016.
- “Bahrain: Between Iran and Saudi Arabia in More Ways Than One.” Institutional Investor. January 2016.
- “AIM Hosts a Fireside Chat on the Rise of the ASEAN E-Consumer.” AIM. May 2015.
- “Government Stokes Entrepreneurial Fires.” Nikkei Asian Review. March 2015.
- “How Temasek has driven Singapore’s development.” East Asia Forum. February 2015.
- “The Rise of the E-Consumer.” Jakarta Globe. November 2014.
Email Address: Ravi.Chaturvedi@tufts.edu