Good morning Jumbos!
Whether you’re eating turkey or pizza, on campus or at home, celebrating Thanksgiving or not, I hope you all have a lovely day today! In the spirit of this holiday (this blog supports the spirit of thankfulness and family, even if not the historical context of the holiday) below are some things to remember on this cold November day.
Things to be thankful for:
- You are alive.
- Right now, you’re heart is pumping blood throughout your body.
- You lungs are filling with air.
- Your synapses are firing at lightning-fast speeds.
- A million little biological processes are happening all at once, in perfect tandem, for you to be here reading this, and that’s pretty damn amazing.
- In fact, you’re pretty damn amazing.
Things to remember:
- You are kind, you are smart, and you are important (yes, I’m quoting the Help, it’s just that kind of day.)
- You are enough, and you always have been.
- It wasn’t your fault.
- You’re allowed to be happy.
- You deserve to be happy.
- You deserve so many wonderful things.
Lastly, one last little reminder — it’s ok to not feel thankful today. It’s ok to feel like things aren’t working, or they’re falling apart, or they’ve fallen apart. It’s ok to feel sad or angry or bitter. It’s ok to not feel thankful. It’s ok.
“Thanksgiving, man. Not a good day to be my pants.” –Kevin James