Hello hello beautiful Jumbos!
Despite the weird weather patterns over the past couple of weeks, it is technically spring. And as finals past approach, one perfect way to marry self care and food (cuz who doesn’t love food) is by baking! Below is a recipe for zucchini brownies courtesy of our lovely Face Paige. They are vegan (although the icing is not.) They are not gluten free, but substituting a different type of flour would fix that. Enjoy indulging your sweet tooth!
1/2 cup coconut oil
1 1/2 cups white sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour (can substitute rice flour)
1/2 unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
2 cups finely shredded zucchini
For the Frosting:
5 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 melted butter (can substitute vegan butter)
2 cups confectioner’s sugar
1/4 milk (can substitute almond milk)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly spray or grease a 9×13 baking pan and line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the oil, sugar, and vanilla until smooth and well-combined. Sprinkle the flour, cocoa powder, soda, and salt over the wet ingredients and stir until just incorporated. (The batter will be dry, don’t worry.)
3. Fold in the zucchini and mix for just a few seconds or until the batter is well combined.
4. Spread into the prepared pan and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a cake tester inserted into the middle of the pan comes out with a few moist crumbs.
5. Allow brownies to cool completely before frosting.
For the frosting:
1. In a medium-large bowl, stir together the butter and cocoa powder until smooth. Add the powdered sugar, 1/2 cup at a time, alternating with the milk. Stir in the vanilla.
2. Spread frosting over cooled brownies and enjoy!
Source (check this blog out, it is kind of amazing!)