Gratitude and Goodbyes

Good morning Jumbos!

The last blog post of the year – that feels so weird to say.  We’re all in the last push – the last few papers and projects and exams before we’re off for the summer, or in the case of graduating seniors, off to the next phases of our lives.

In reflecting on this past year, I can’t help but think of all the ups and downs.  The good times with friends, the late nights stressing over school work, the laughs in the dining halls, and all of the times in between.  This year wasn’t perfect, and it sure as hell wasn’t easy.  But it wasn’t without the good times.  It wasn’t without the memories I’ll carry with me forever.  And it wasn’t without moments that motivate me to make next year even better.

Mostly right now I’m thinking about finals. When will I get everything done? How will I do? Will I survive finals period? And I am studiously not thinking about the people I’ll be leaving behind for the summer, because it’s starting to hurt.  But most of all I’m grateful.  I’m grateful that I get to go to Tufts.  I’m grateful that I get to be surrounded by brilliant, passionate people. I’m grateful for the opportunities I have.  I’m grateful for the people I’ve met who’ve become my second family.  I’m grateful for what the future might hold.

What are you grateful for?

And finally, a message to the graduating seniors: You’ve spent the past four years working your asses off and you’re almost done and we’re proud of you and all your hard work and accomplishments.  I hope whatever is in store for you over the next months and years is everything you dreamed it would be.  I hope you find work you love, people you love, and above all happiness.  I hope Tufts has served you well, and now you’ve grown and are prepared to leave it.

Good luck!!

“Life is the most exciting opportunity we have.  But we have one shot. You graduate from college once, and that’s it. You’re going out of that nest. And you have to find that courage that’s deep, deep, deep in there. Every step of the way.” –Andrew Shue

“You are graduating from college.  And that means that this is the first day of the last day of your life. No, that’s wrong. This is the last day of the first day of school. Nope, that’s worse. This is a day.” –Andy Samberg