Middle School After-School Program in Newton Highlands seeks energetic, creative, self-motivated and enthusiastic individual to join a small teaching team working with children in grades 6-8. Part-time hours are from 2:15 pm to 6:15 pm. Monday, Wednesday and Thursday, 12-6 pm. Tuesday afternoons. This position begins August 28 and runs until the end of the school year in June 2020.
Individuals must have a related degree and/or experience working with school-age children, along with background in recreation, the arts and/or sports is a big plus. Experience working with children w/ special needs is also helpful. Our teachers enjoy engaging in a wide range of creative and fun activities in a warm and supportive environment.
Salary range $18-20 per hour plus additional benefits.
We’re located a block from the MBTA D line and the #59 bus.
Please send a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
- Bachelor’s degree or studying for a degree.
- Ability to create a warm, welcoming and positive culture with middle school children.
- Ability to work well with others and collaborate, team-oriented and flexible.
- Strong communication skills
- Warm and engaging personality
- Self-motivated and willingness to work independently.