Our family is looking for an energetic and creative individual to help administer a virtual teaching curriculum and provide daytime care for a kindergartner and second grader in Winchester, MA. Compensation will be between $20 and $30 per hour, depending on your prior experience. There is a possibility we may arrange a small group learning pod with some friends.
Our two girls (ages 5 and 7) are curious, active, and fun. They love reading, crafts, music, hiking, biking and exploring. Your responsibilities would be:
- Helping them through all virtual learning assignments during hybrid or full-time virtual learning
- Assisting with Montessori practical life, math and language learning (Kindergartener only)
- Adding your own creative touch to their learning experience – for example, by planning additional PE, music, science, art, and outdoor lessons.
You should be positive, adaptable, and excited about this opportunity to expand your own teaching experience and help our girls make the most of the virtual learning experience. For example:
- Keep our children engaged and on task and make learning fun
- Be a good, adaptable problem solver with good judgment when the unexpected comes up
- Be patient and compassionate with the emotional experiences of young/elementary school aged children
- Communicate well
- Manage technologies for at-home learning
- Have your own car for transportation (driving our children is not a requirement)
- Be willing to take appropriate COVID-related precautions
We’re open to diverse academic backgrounds – teaching, psychology, tutoring, pre-med, sociology, etc. If we establish a good fit, we would discuss and agree to the duration and schedule of your work.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with a letter of interest and your resume. Our process will include a few interviews, reference checks, and a background check.