We are looking for an after school babysitter for our two daughters in Arlington, near Arlington Center. The job is 3-5 afternoons a week from 2:30 to 6.
– The bulk of the time will be spent with our fun and energetic 4th grader (9 1/2 years old). We would like someone to help her navigate her after school hours while we are working from home in other parts of our house.
– Duties would include helping her get a snack, helping her get set up with and complete homework, helping her get ready for and logged into any remote after school activities she has (or driving her to those activities if they eventually resume in-person), and, if she has free time, hanging out together and going outside to get physical activity whenever possible.
– The job would also include picking up our younger daughter (5 years old) at preschool at 5 pm and bringing her home, and then hanging out with both girls until we finish up with work.
– Assuming the hybrid program moves forward in Arlington public schools, our older daughter will be at school two days a week and then remote the other three days. If possible, we need the babysitter to pick her up at school on the in-school days at 2:30 p.m., and on the remote days, the babysitter would arrive at our house at 2:30 p.m.
– If there is downtime while the older daughter is in a remote class or independently working on homework, we would like the babysitter to fill the time with some light housework such as unloading the dishwasher, tidying up the girls’ rooms, etc.
Pay range is $18-$22 per hour, dependent on experience. Clean driving record required. Preferred if the babysitter has her own car, though use of ours is a possibility.
Contact: Jillian Pesin-Fulop at firstname.lastname@example.org