Boston Harbor Now seeks two skilled Youth Engagement Technician(s). positions for this summer 2022! Join our team where you will be engaging Boston youth through employment, curriculum- and recreation-based experiences associated with Boston Harbor Islands National and State Park and National Parks of Boston sites.The incumbents will coordinate, develop, and facilitate summer programming, and support a variety of youth employment and development programs.
This is a full-time temporary position (13 weeks, with possibility of extension up to 26 weeks) with an hourly rate of $19.38.
For full position description and information how to apply, Careers – Boston Harbor Now or Microsoft Word – Youth Engagement Technician_position description.docx (bostonharbornow.org) Responsibilities Youth Engagement Technicians should be able to work effectively in collaboration with youth and partners. Specific responsibilities associated with this job include:
- Supports development, design and documentation of youth-centered programs dedicated to increasing youth access to Harbor Islands and National Parks of Boston
- Facilitates and refines place-based and virtual learning experiences with Boston Public and Schools students centered around Boston’s natural, cultural and historical resources
- Collaborates with YMCA, Boston Centers for Youth & Families, and Boys & Girls Club program leaders to facilitate summer Harbor Discovery Camps
- Works independently and in a team setting to create promotional and educational materials designed for youth and families, including self-guided and asynchronous materials
- Supports Hill to Harbor Youth Conservation Corps, a summer youth employment and development program focused on engaging young people (aged 15-18) in a public engagement through facilitated island camp experiences and pop-up activities at a variety of sites in and around the harbor
- Plans, organizes and prepares supplies and materials to effectively engage youth in their Harbor Islands and public lands
- Integrates 21st century education practices and competencies into teaching and facilitation strategy to effectively engage youth and community partners
Michelle Pizzillo | she/her
Youth Employment & Development Program Manager
National Parks of Boston
National Park Service
Learn more at: npbyouth.com
I am a proud graduate of the GOAL Leadership Academy. Ask me about the program!