- This event has passed.
Partner event: The Role of VC in building inclusive economies
November 19 @ 8:30 am – 9:30 am
A discussion on the role and responsibility of venture capital in building inclusive economies.
About this Event
Venture capital has an important role to play in creating inclusive growth in emerging markets especially in ensuring gender equity. In order to do this, there will need to be structural changes within the industry. We’re asking a panel of investors to share what they see as the biggest obstacles and opportunities in working towards inclusive growth and closing the gender funding gap. What shifts are taking place? What issues persist? And what are the pathways to achieving inclusive growth through venture funding?
Join us as we explore these questions and more with our panel of investors.
- Fiona Murray, Associate Dean Innovation & Inclusion & Faculty Director of the Legatum Center for Development & Entrepreneurship at MIT (Moderator)
- Heather Henyon, Founding Partner General Partner, Mindshift Capital
- Claire Diaz-Ortiz, Partner, Magma Partners and Author
- Adam Sharkawy, Co-Founder and Managing Partner, Material Impact Fund
- Hian Goh, Founder & General Partner, Openspace Ventures