Congratulations to the winners of the Paul and Elizabeth Montle Prize for Entrepreneurial Achievement!
An undergraduate achievement award for outstanding entrepreneurial students @Tufts
Winner of the Senior Award: Griffen Saul
Winner of the Most Progress in a Venture Award: Matt Alswanger
Winner of the Grit Award: Lenor Levy
Do you have entrepreneurial passion? Are you inspired to identify and solve problems? Do you have the entrepreneurial skills to succeed? If so, the Montle Prize for Entrepreneurial Achievement is just right for you.
Paul Montle (Class of 1969) created the Montle Prize for Entrepreneurial Achievement to commend outstanding Tufts students who demonstrate entrepreneurial skills. An annual competition, the award helps kick-start future leaders in the business and nonprofit world.
This award is intended for undergraduate students with entrepreneurial mindsets and knowledge of entrepreneurship. This knowledge could be gained by participating in entrepreneurship courses, co-curricular events, competitions, and/or from experience working either individually or in a team on a startup or new venture.
Winners are eligible to receive cash prizes of up to $15,000. Many winners go on to compete for the $100k New Ventures Competition later in the academic year.
Recipients of the Montle Prize accept a future commitment to give back to Tufts University.
What’s new this year?
- The Montle Prize will not be run as a pitch contest. Instead, winners will be chosen based on their personal achievements in entrepreneurship while studying as an undergraduate student at Tufts.
- Info Sessions: October 26, 2020 @12-1pm, October 27, 2020 @6:00-7:00pm
- Applications open: November 1, 2020
- Applications close: November 30, 2020
- Montle Prize Interviews: Week of December 7, 2020
What are the three prizes for 2020?
Senior Award – $15,000
This award is specifically for a senior who has shown strong personal growth in entrepreneurial mindset and skillset since freshmen year.
Most Progress in a New Venture – $10,000
This award is specifically for an individual who has shown strong progress in an entrepreneurial startup or new venture.
Best Demonstration of Grit – $10,000
Influenced by the book “Grit-The Power and Passion of Perserverance” by Angela Lee Duckworth, this award is specifically for an entrepreneur who has shown grit.
- Each applicant must be a current Tufts University undergraduate or a gap year student
- Application is for an individual
- Individual is not required to be part of a start-up team or currently working on a venture
Please note that previous winners of the Montle Prize are not eligible to apply.
Note: You can also enter both the Ideas Competition and the Tufts $100k New Ventures Competition–in fact, it’s encouraged!
Elaine Chen, Director, Tufts Entrepreneurship Center; Cummings Family Professor of the Practice in Entrepreneurship
Gavin Finn, Ph.D., Professor of the Practice, Tufts Entrepreneurship Center | Tufts Gordon Institute