You are interested in learning about entrepreneurship – but you are busy and it’s hard to find time. But surely you can find an hour a week to learn over lunch. That’s what the TEC Jumbo Cafe workshops are designed for.
We offer themed series of 5-7 virtual workshops on select Wednesdays from 12-1pm, Eastern Time. These workshops are delivered by faculty, experienced entrepreneurs and thought leaders in the community.
Think of it as a lunch-and-learn activity. Bring your lunch, turn on your computer, learn a skill and meet like minded people! Your inner entrepreneur will thank you for the investment of time.
Getting Started Series
The Jumbo Cafe “Getting started” series is a set of five consecutive workshops designed to help aspiring innovators and entrepreneurs find a problem worth solving, then learn to develop and pitch a venture idea around the solution to that problem. The workshops include:
- September 30, 2020 • 12pm: “How Do I Start?” Ideating Problems Worth Solving
- October 7, 2020 • 12pm: Understanding the Market and Customer
- October 14, 2020 • 12pm: Developing and Testing a Solution That Delivers Real Value
- October 21, 2020 • 12pm: Developing a Financially Sustainable Venture (For-Profit… Non-Profit… Anything)
- October 28, 2020 @12pm: Storytelling Workshop
Deep Dive Series
The Jumbo Cafe “Deep Dive” series is a set of seven hand-on workshops for venture builders who are working on an entrepreneurial project. You will be using your own ventures to work on practical skills and techniques. Each workshop is one hour long (12-1pm), followed by an optional 30 minute long Ask Me Anything (AMA) session (1-1:30pm) where you can get 1×1 help from our entrepreneurial coaches on the topic of the day.
- February 3, 2021 @12pm: Market sizing and analysis
- February 10, 2021 @12pm: Competitive analysis and differentiation
- February 17, 2021 @12pm: Go to market strategy
- February 24, 2021 @12pm: Unit and overall economics
- March 3, 2021 @12pm: Building a great pitch
- March 24, 2021 @12pm: Finding cofounders and building a great team
- March 31, 2021 @12pm: Digital Experimentation with Google Ads
- June 3, 2021 @12pm: Entrepreneurial Law Workshop