Paid Intern Women, Food, and Agriculture Network
The Women, Food, and Agriculture Network is hiring one paid intern to join our 2021 conference team. WFAN’s mission is to engage women in building an ecological and just food and agricultural system through individual and community power.
This position is remote.
The Women, Food, and Agriculture Network offers a platform, with our conference, to advocate and agitate for social transformation in our lives, communities, and shared work. Our conference will:
- Build and strengthen anti-oppression knowledge, initiatives, and action through training, reflection, and collaboration.
- Provide practical farm-based educational opportunities for beginning through seasoned agrarians, landowners, and food systems advocates.
- Increase our capacity as land caretakers to define, create, and implement practices rooted in ecological justice.
- Offer intentional spaces for critical dialogue, networking, coalition building, and story-sharing.
- Co-create an external communications strategy with supervisor.
- Implement external comms (utilizing a diverse stream of channels) following an editorial calendar for conference PR.
- Presence at biweekly conference planning meetings.
- Develop content for conference communications, including but not limited to: blog posts, social media posts, video and audio editing, graphic design, emails, alerts, and interviews.
- Cultivate and maintain communications with conference participants, presenters, sponsors, etc.
- Other tasks as created and assigned to match intern professional development objectives.
- Available for tech support during the live run of the conference.
- Availability for virtual conference platform and database training.
- Understanding of sustainable and regenerative food systems
- Commitment to anti-racism and anti-oppression work
- Strong writing skills
- Works well in team settings
- Relationship cultivation
- Familiarity with social media
- Interest in video and audio editing, graphic design
- Agricultural field experience preferred
WFAN Commitments to Intern:
- Fair pay
- Networking and career building opportunities
- Professional development
- Supportive supervision
- Academic credit support
- Approximate start date of May 18, 2021 through December 1, 2021.
- Flexible scheduling
- 5-7 hours weekly w/ increased hours near event or heavy promotion weeks (not to exceed 10 hours weekly)
Please send the following items to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 4th, 2021:
- Cover letter explaining how your interests and experience drive you to seek this opportunity
- One short writing sample, digital presentation, or graphic design sample demonstrating your voice and style