Tufts TTS Academic Technology Fellows Program (AT Fellows)
The AT Fellows program provides employment opportunities for students with an interest in designing, developing, maintaining, and supporting technology-based solutions to enhance teaching and learning at Tufts University. The program is administered within Tufts Technology Services’ Educational Technology Services department (ETS).
Fellows are selected from diverse disciplines and work 5-10 hours per week beginning in mid-August and ending in May. Pay rates range from $15-$20/hour depending upon experience.
We hire high-performing students who have are interested in technology in education as a whole but who also have particular interest and skill sets in the following area:
- demonstrated aptitude for and ability in self-paced learning of new technologies
User Experience, User Interface Design and Development, Usability, Accessibility
- Front-end development (HTML5, CSS3).
- Ability to look at code from various platforms and control User Interface
- Experience with user research, usability testing, data analysis
- Interest in Web Accessibility, and willingness to learn about assistive technologies, conduct product reviews and provide support
Multimedia and Content Authoring
- Experience with multimedia production, website development, support documentation
- Excellent oral/written communication skills
- iOS suite of tools a plus
- Interest in teaching others about technology
As well as being involved in new and ongoing projects directly tied to these interest/skill area AT Fellows will be expected to become well versed in a variety of ETS tools and services in order to help provide support to the Tufts community on their use. All AT Fellows also participate in creating content for the AT Fellows technology review blog (http://sites.tufts.edu/atfellows/).
AT Fellows are expected to work an average of 10 hours/week during the regular Fall/Spring term.
To apply to the program please email your resume and brief description of where your interests and skill set intersects with the program to firstname.lastname@example.org.