iTunes U delivers free educational content to the world via Apple’s iTunes Store. By publishing content to the Tufts iTunes U site you will be serving a global audience of lifelong learners and contributing to the open education movement alongside many other institutions.
If you are a faculty or staff member of any Tufts University affiliated group you can request your collection be published on the Tufts iTunes U portal.
There are 5 steps to the publication and management process:
- You must (a) be the sole owner of the material or be authorized by the owner to publish the material in this manner and (b) the material cannot infringe anyone’s copyright or intellectual property rights. Review the Tufts Copyright and Social Media Content Guidelines to confirm that the materials will not infringe on intellectual property laws or Tufts principles around social media publishing.
- Make a request for a new collection to be published.
- Populate your new collection with your recorded materials. Training will be provided.
- Finalize and publish your collection.
- Refresh your collection with new content as desired.
Educational Technology Services is the service owner of the Tufts iTunes U web site. If you have any questions, concerns, or want to find out more please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- December 2011 – Encouragement from VP for Information Technology and CIO, David Kahle, alongside successful applicants for the Tufts Innovates! grant brought UIT, Web Communications, and University Relations to the table to discuss the potential for a public Tufts iTunes U portal.
- Jan-April 2012 – We kicked off a round of service and portal design and development. During this period, we solicited potential content providers and put together initial iTunes U content.
- May 2012 – Beta site launched.
- Summer 2012
- Refinement of service and portal design.
- Continue to solicit public content from the Tufts community.
- Explore the iTunes U open course delivery application.
- Explore use of private materials integrated with Trunk course and project sites