Huge Dilemma

As Admissions staff members don our blinders, all the better to focus on the task at hand, we hear rumors that the rest of Fletcher is carrying on as normal.  Normal, that is, so long as we consider hyper-drive to be a typical state.  Consider the comments of second-year MALD student, Jasmine, as presented to the Social List this week under the heading “Huge Dilemma:  Six Great Events on at Fletcher this Friday:  How do I decide?”  Here’s Jasmine’s message:

I love the dynamism of Fletcher, but looking at my calendar for this Friday, I find myself strangely disappointed that there are six wonderful events on that day.  Why would I be disappointed at so much greatness?  Because I can’t be in more than one place at once, and therefore have to decide, somehow, which of the events to attend.

This Friday we have:

1.  Professor Ibrahim Warde on the current crisis in Libya at 2:00 p.m.

2.  The U.S. – China Symposium, from 2:00 to 6:00 p.m.

3.  “Implications of Regime Collapse in North Korea,” the Korea Policy Study Group discussion, from 12 to 2 p.m.

4.  “U.S.-Vietnam Relations: Past, Present and Future,” the ASEAN Society discussion with Vietnamese Deputy Ambassador to the U.S. Tung Nguyen, F’96, 2 to 4 p.m.

5.  The Marketing Workshop, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.

6.  “The Clash of Titans:  Hitler and Stalin and the German Invasion of Russia,” the talk by Gabriel Gorodetsky, from 1:30 to 3 p.m.

Anyone facing a similar dilemma?

Love you Fletcher,
Jasmine