This week at Fletcher: Nonviolent Conflict Seminar

Who are those name-tagged people? I wondered when I walked through the Hall of Flags yesterday.  A quick check to the schedule reminded me that they are participants in the Fletcher Summer Institute for the Advanced Study of Nonviolent Conflict, which will run through this week.  Organized jointly by Fletcher and the International Center on Nonviolent Conflict, this is the 8th weeklong seminar held here.

The program’s new website offers links to information and presentations from the 2012 , 2011, and 2010 seminars, as well as (at the bottom of the page) to video statements from past participants about their work.  (Super interesting!)

Stay on top of this year’s seminar by following the Twitter feed, or the program blog, or by checking out the details and videos on the ICNC Facebook page.  It’s hard to imagine a more timely seminar, given the backdrop throughout the world in 2013. In fact, the more I read while pulling together this post, the more excited I am that this group is meeting at Fletcher this week.