The last of the staff intros: Christine & Jessica

Since Christine has been my partner in the summer blog series, it seemed only fitting to close off the intros together.

Christine Richardson, Admissions Coordinator
Christine moved up from the Staff Assistant position less than a year ago, and she makes sure everything is working perfectly behind the scenes of the application.

Where did you grow up?  Andover, MA (just north of the city and home to the famed Phillips Academy)

What is your favorite place you have traveled to?  My favorite place is a tie between London and Mykonos.  I spent six months living in London during college and it became a second home for me.  But nothing compared to the sunny, relaxed lifestyle on the Greek island of Mykonos!

What is the number one spot on your travel wish list?  East Africa!  I am a lion fanatic and it is my dream to see lions in their natural habitat.

What is your favorite food?  Chocolate Chip Cookies

What book are you currently reading?  The Silkworm, by Robert Galbraith (aka J.K. Rowling)

What is the number one place (Boston-area or on campus) you most hope Fletcher students will visit during their short time here?  Fenway Park!  I am a huge Red Sox fan and I think Fenway is one of the most historic, exciting spots in the area. There is nothing like the smell of Fenway Franks on game day!  The best part is you can take tours year round and learn all of the great history and mystery surrounding the park.  Go Red Sox!

Jessica Daniels, Senior Associate Director of Admissions
I’m the office liaison to the PhD program, and I write/edit the blog.  (But you knew that already.)

Where did you grow up?  I grew up in the town of Merrick, on Long Island, New York.  After 25 years in the Boston area, just about the only thing I still miss are the vast white-sand Long Island beaches.

What is your favorite place you have traveled to?  There are so many ways to answer this question.  What’s my favorite place that I have traveled to and lived in?  (Beijing, China) …my favorite place to travel to and see family?  (London, UK)  …my favorite nearby place to spend a summer week?  (Eastham, MA).  But I think the answer to the question as it’s actually worded is Iceland.  I had a wonderful trip there with my family a few years ago.  The scenery is beautiful, the people are nice, the culture is special.  What more could you ask?

What is the number one spot on your travel wish list?  Again, I could name a bunch of places.  We had wanted to go to the Azores this summer.  There’s a direct flight from Boston and it’s super easy, but it didn’t work out this time.  More of a “wish” on my wish list is Cuba.  I’d like to visit before it becomes a typical tourist destination for Americans.

What is your favorite food?  Should I say roasted vegetables, and act all healthy?  Or should I just say ice cream?  Hmmm.  Let’s go with ice cream.

What book are you currently reading?  I’m currently reading The Guts, by Roddy Doyle.  I start off slow reading Doyle’s dialect (I need to hear the Irish in my head), but I’ll quickly pick up the pace.

What is the number one place (Boston-area or on campus) you most hope Fletcher students will visit during their short time here?  The Boston area was the home for several U.S. presidents, and a short trip to Quincy (looks like “quin-see,” but often pronounced “quin-zee” by the locals) lands you at two of them.  John Adams (2nd U.S. president) and his son, John Quincy Adams (6th president), both had their roots in a remarkably small corner of the town.  It’s now a National Historical Park and well worth the trip.

And that wraps up the introduction of the members of the Admissions team.  We’ll close with a photo of the team.

IMG_0414[1]
From left to right: Laurie, Christine, Jessica, Dan, Theresa, Kristen, and Liz.
Next time you call, be sure to ask us about our favorite food or travel location!