OT: Seals

I’m just back from a few days away and while I scramble to take care of those matters that await me, I will put the blog aside for one more day.  Except…I love sharing pix of my local vacations.  So here’s what we found at low tide at Cape Cod National Seashore’s Coast Guard Beach:

Seals

Seals!  I was standing quite a distance away because the seals were on a patch of sand surrounded by water, but what you’re seeing in the photo is a continuous blanket of seals relaxing on a sandbar.  Cape Cod is the summer home of ever-growing colonies of harbor seals and grey seals.

Cape mapCape Cod is easily reached by mass transportation.  There’s a ferry from Boston to Provincetown, at the very tip of the Cape.  Then there are buses that run through the various towns.  Alternatively, there are both buses and a train from Boston to Hyannis.  With both history and natural beauty going for it, the Cape is on my short list of places students should visit while they are at Fletcher.  But why wait?  Plan a day trip to follow your visit to Fletcher during this application season.