Warm and sunny for my last reading day

In contrast to my snow-day reading day, a mere two weeks ago, today is warm and I’m settled into a sunny spot in (of course) my kitchen.  No need to grip a tea cup while reading today.  Even my usually cold house is very comfortable.

The climatic conditions have made this a very enjoyable final reading day for this semester.  Also contributing is that I don’t really have a full day of reading.  Only about 20 applications, and I’ll round out the day with other tasks.  A little variety makes for a less tiring day.

So what should applicants take away from this?  We’re nearly done reviewing all the applications, aside from those still to come on March 1 (LLM and MIB only).  All of the admissions committees (MALD/MA, MIB, LLM, PhD) will be meeting in March.  And once all the discussion is complete, the last step is to finalize decisions and award scholarships.  We’re on track for an on-time mid-March decision date.

Back to my queue and the last of today’s applications.  I’m sure there will still be a few applications that come my way in the next few weeks, but I’ll be reading them at Fletcher and on a one-by-one basis.  For now, I’ll enjoy my sunny patch and my final reading day.