Summer to-do lists

With the academic year behind us and the September 2017 admissions cycle more or less wrapped up, it’s time for the Admissions staff to look ahead and turn our attention to summer projects and routine work.  Some of the items on our to-do lists are: Boston Summerfest at Fletcher; Coffee Hours around the world; a new publication to use in the fall; travel planning; continuing student scholarship renewal; application upgrades; and mundane tasks such as booking rooms we’ll need in the next academic year.  (Just writing that reminded me it’s not too early to book rooms for Admissions Committee meetings.)

Essentially, we won’t be doing much that interests Admissions Blog readers, except possibly if we decide on additional application tweaks.

Fortunately for all of us, that doesn’t mean that the blog will be daily drudgery.  One benefit of my having been overwhelmed with good content in the spring is that I still have lots to share in the coming weeks: Class of 2011 and 2016 updates, general news from the school, tips from students and faculty.  All those are coming up soon, though I’m sure I won’t be posting quite as frequently as I did through the spring.  And gradually I’ll shift focus from sharing information with the incoming class toward helping prepare future applicants as we look ahead to a new application cycle.

As ever, I’d love to cover topics of interest to readers.  To suggest a topic or ask a question, please contact us!