Meet us!

Every year I introduce our new graduate assistants, and I write posts as needed about new staff members.  But I generally (and inexcusably) neglect to tell you about the long-time staff.  In fact, you may be wondering whom I’m referring to when I mention Liz or Kristen, or another of my Admissions pals.  Today I’ll fix that.  Note that all of us do a little of everything, but each of us has greater responsibility for certain projects or programs.  My introductions focus on the activities that distinguish us from each other.  With that, please meet us!

In alpha order, we have:

Dan
Dan may be best known to blog readers as the human friend of Murray, our canine pal, but even more noteworthy is that Dan is the lone Fletcher graduate among us.  He had previously worked in international education, and a post-MALD position in Fletcher Admissions was a natural for him.  Dan is also the Admissions liaison to the LLM program.  He reads LLM applications and works with the program staff throughout the application process.

Jessica

Jessica is me!  In addition to the blog, I’m the Admissions link to the PhD program.  Anything else you might need to know about me has turned up in some past post.

Kristen
Kristen is unlike the other members of the staff in that her desk is not within the Admissions Office.  She’s upstairs with other folks working on Fletcher’s business programs, reflecting her dual-focus.  Like the rest of us, she does a little of everything, but she manages the Admissions process for the MIB program, and also oversees some content aspects of the program itself.

Laurie
Laurie is the director of Admissions (the assistant dean, to be precise) and naturally she has a hand in everything.  Laurie doesn’t have a Fletcher degree, but she’s still a double Jumbo, with undergraduate and graduate degrees from Tufts.

Liz
You’ll hear from Liz if you have sent us a question about the May Your Future pathway to admission to the MALD or MIB program.  And once MYF applicants have been admitted, it’s Liz who provides them with a pre-enrollment Fletcher community.  Liz is also the master-organizer for our fall visit days and spring open houses.

Lucas

Lucas oversees our Slate application system with zen-like calm.  No matter what crazy request we make, he’s likely to make it happen.  The interview program took a step into the 21st century this year when Lucas created a mechanism for our volunteer interviewers to receive reminders and for them to file their reports directly into Slate.  It’s a behind-the-scenes change, but if you participated in an interview, you benefited from his work.

Marquita
Marquita is the newest member of the Admissions Staff and anyone who visits will find her out front in the office.  We gave her a couple of months to learn everything she would need to know about Fletcher, and then we passed her the task of organizing the winter break coffee hours.  Apparently, details do not faze Marquita.

And that’s the Admissions team.  You don’t need to worry about keeping track of who does what, but I hope this makes it clearer why you’re hearing from one of us rather than another.