Retreat to set the stage

In a short while, my Admissions pals will all arrive at my house (our occasional “conference center”) for our annual early-summer retreat.  While there are scattered days remaining between now and September when we’ll all be in the office, there aren’t a lot of them and the next ones are in mid-July.  Today seemed like the day to sit together and do a little planning.

The summer-ish retreat is when we would usually make decisions on changes to the application.  This year, we’ve already discussed some rewording of the questions on the application form, and I don’t anticipate any other significant changes.  (Naturally, if there are going to be any, I’ll keep you informed.)  We’ll spend some time today on upcoming major changes to the Fletcher website — we’re looking forward to a totally new design, though probably not until later in the fall.  We’ll also talk about the new Master of Global Business Administration program and how we present it in Admissions materials.  In other words, most of what we’ll discuss won’t be of much interest to blog readers.

Discussions complete, the Admissions Office will reopen tomorrow.