The Food Prices for Nutrition project equips policy analysts with tools for monitoring the cost and affordability of healthy diets, to help them guide change in agriculture, and food systems and nutrition. We develop and share user-friendly materials in dialogue with partners worldwide, and provide limited technical assistance through country workshops and other activities in nine focus countries: Bangladesh, India, Pakistan, Burkina Faso, Ethiopia, Ghana, Malawi, Nigeria, and Tanzania.
Our engagement with national governments and international agencies aims to scale up the use of food price data, including diet cost and affordability metrics, to monitor food systems and inform policy in agriculture, health, and related fields to improve nutrition. To do this, we convene discussions of national user groups to discuss, interpret, and use published food price data and analyses, involving a variety of stakeholders:
- Government officials designing agricultural policy, transportation infrastructure, or social protection programs.
- Individuals and leaders of civil society organizations, advocating for change or investment in a specific sector
- Market analysts in private sector businesses interested in food system opportunities
- Researchers and students interested in monitoring food system performance, to understand how food environments limit food choice
National user groups are designed to share data and methods among researchers and practitioners working or interested in each of the nine focus countries of the Food Prices for Nutrition project. Food price user groups are country-specific and open to all. Please contact email@example.com if you are interested in working with the Food Prices for Nutrition project in a similar capacity in your country or organization.
Technical Assistance & Stakeholder Workshops
- Sept 20, 2022: Ghana
- Aug 18-19, 2022: Nigeria (introductory slides, country brief)
- June 7-9, 2022: Ethiopia
- Feb 16-17, 2022: Pakistan
- Nov 30, 2021: Nigeria (policy note; slides; video)
- Sept 1, 2021: India (slides; video)
- Aug 17, 2021: Tanzania (slides; video)
- July 29, 2021: Ethiopia (slides; video)
- July 22, 2021: Burkina Faso (slides in French; video in French)
- July 14, 2021: Pakistan (slides; video)
- June 16, 2021: Bangladesh (slides; video)
- Apr 15, 2021: Malawi (slides; video)
These videos are also available on the Food Prices for Nutrition YouTube Channel at bit.ly/FoodPricesforNutritionYouTube