Dear Fletcher Women,
Warm greetings from the Fletcher Women’s Network! We plan to reach out to our broad membership several times a year to keep you abreast of FWN news and encourage your participation in our events, activities, and major initiatives.
Your committees and leadership have been busy. Some highlights:
- Communications has updated the website. Among other changes, see our new section listing books by Fletcher women. We encourage you to contact us with any additions.
- Local Groups is drafting documents to help women start groups in their neck of the woods, be it in the US or abroad. (Interested in starting a group? Contact us at email@example.com.)
- Events is working with the student co-chairs for this fall’s Gender Conference at Fletcher.
- Executive Committee sent a letter to the Search Committee for a new dean, stressing our hope that the selection process for the next dean will be wholly inclusive, identifying the best person for this position from a truly diverse range of candidates, including from the pool of many capable women.
In each of our updates, we plan to share with you several CALLS TO ACTION.
- Give us feedback on our new Strategic Plan
FWN is your organization. With our Executive Committee and standing committees comprising over 30 women, we try to reflect what our membership wants, and welcome input from the wider membership. We intend for it to be a living, organic document. Take a few moments to read our 2018-20 Strategic Plan. Send us a note with your comments or questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Have experience with Mentoring Programs? – Please join our Task Force
The Professional Development Committee is creating a pilot mentoring program for Fletcher alumnae to provide support on issues regarding personal and professional development. The mentors will be volunteers from FWN, who will share their experiences with other Fletcher alumnae. We have written a proposal and are now establishing a Task Force to launch this program. If you have experience with developing and executing mentoring programs and are interested in serving on our Task Force, please email Claudia Cunha and Mariana Stoyancheva.
We would love to hear from you. Let us know if you’d like to play a role in our all-volunteer organization.
All the best,
Kari Sides Suva, GMAP’11
Mariana Stoyancheva, MALD ‘05