Bronce Perez Matos Photo

Bronce Perez Matos

My name is Bronce Perez Matos and I have over a decade of experience in the public sector. I began my career after graduating with a bachelor’s degree in political science from CUNY Hunter College in the Public Advocate’s Office for the City of New York. I also received a Master’s in Public Administration from CUNY Baruch while working. I began my career in state government under Governor Andrew Cuomo where I held positions with the Secretary of State of New York, the Division of Consumer Protection within the Department of State, and the New York Justice Center. I am currently doing intergovernmental and legislative affairs for the Office for People with Developmental Disabilities.

What drew you to the Global Business Administration program?

Given my experience in state government operations, I want to grow and expand my career into the private sector and internationally. The GBA program’s flexibility is perfect for my situation as a full-time public servant. In addition, the reputation of The Fletcher School globally attracted me to the program.

What are your short-term and long-term career goals?

My short-term career goal is to continue serving the State of New York. My long-term career goals include a pivot to the private sector in the green economy or aerospace firms (such as Boeing or Lockheed) doing planning, strategy, or legislative affairs. I am also considering moving my public service experience internationally to an NGO or other governmental entity.

Is there a topic that you have learned about at Fletcher that has particularly resonated with you?

During International Business and Strategy, the Patagonia case study resonated with me, particularly the company’s sustainability model. Throughout the term, I continued to investigate sustainability issues with my group, and I chose to make Beyond Meat the topic of the final project. The issue of food sustainability even led me to explore veganism and dramatically reduce the amount of meat I consume.

Tell us about your fellow GBA students. What are one or two things that you have been able to learn from them during your time together?

All my peers have me taught me a lot both in and outside of the classroom because we all have such diverse backgrounds and experiences. However, the biggest lesson I think we all are learning is that it is important to actively listen and engage with our classmates. The focus on group projects in many of the GBA courses, gives students the challenge of collaborating virtually, but also allows one to learn from people with different expertise as we all bring something to the table to share with one another.

You must start each day (for the rest of your life!) listening to the same song. Which song do you choose?

I am a big fan of metal music. The song I would choose is “In Due Time” by Killswitch Engage because it is motivational for me. The song is about overcoming obstacles and remembering that “all that we suffer through leads to determination.” Globally, we are all facing challenging times, but I believe we will emerge more determined than ever. It is also a great a piece of music as it is melodic yet fast paced and aggressive, with a positive message.

Tags: No tags

Add a Comment

You must be logged in to post a comment