Diversity and inclusion are at the very core of the Fletcher experience, and play an essential role in equipping our students with the global perspective they need to serve as changemakers and leaders. Our community is built on a foundation of mutual support, respect, inclusion, and collaboration, and we believe that actively seeking out perspectives, cultures, and experiences beyond our own frame of reference is critical to truly understanding the issues facing the world.
At Fletcher, we believe that we are made stronger by our differences, and that those differences can open doors to new opportunities to create lasting, meaningful change on a global scale.
Comprised of faculty, administrators, and students, Fletcher’s Committee on Diversity and Inclusiveness (D&I Committee) meets regularly to collaborate on a wide range of initiatives, fostering a community that embraces and celebrates diverse backgrounds and perspectives.
The Committee affirms and supports the many dimensions of diversity, including age, race, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical abilities/qualities, country of origin, religion, culture, socio-economic status, and political views. It seeks to ensure that the Fletcher community is representative, follows best practices, and preserves a climate of inclusion. The Committee welcomes input and suggestions from all members of the Fletcher Community.
- Carolyn Gideon (Chair), Assistant Professor of International Communications and Technology Policy
- Carlo James (C.J.) Aragon, second year student
- John Cerone, Visiting Professor of International Law
- Mary Dulatre, Registrar and Manager of Student Academic Programs
- Laurie Hurley, Associate Dean of Admissions and Financial Aid
- Laura Laver, Associate Director of Admissions and Marketing, GMAP
- Katie Mulroy, Director of Student Affairs
- Pao Perez, first year student
- James Rollins, Director of Finance and Administration
- Gerard Sheehan, Executive Associate Dean
- Kimberly Theidon, Henry J. Leir Professor of International Humanitarian Studies
Learn more at The Fletcher Committee on Diversity and Inclusiveness’ official web page.