In September 2019, Karen Jacobsen attended a Wilton Park conference on “Internally Displaced Persons: towards more effective international protection and durable solutions (WP1705). The roundtable explored prevention, protection and durable solutions for internally displaced persons.
Drawing on examples of existing good practice from a range of countries and regions, it aims to:
- consider ways in which to enhance national, regional and international policy and legal frameworks, taking account of IDP needs
- develop and strengthen collaborative approaches towards increased resourcing and buy-in across a range of actors
- highlight the particular protection needs of the most vulnerable individuals, including women and children
- explore the potential for increased coherence of international humanitarian and development assistance with regard to affected individuals and regions
- generate recommendations for future joint working across a range of stakeholders