- Stay current with the latest court decisions on redistricting. (Last updated early May 2017.)
- The ACLU’s pamphlet Everything You Always Wanted to Know about Redistricting (But Were Afraid to Ask!), updated 2010— this is a wonderful place to learn about some of the basic terms and notions.
- The Washington Post has a fantastic interactive feature with compactness scores for all US Congressional Districts.
- The geospatial application company Azavea has published a white paper on redistricting. (A good general introduction to different compactness measures but slightly mathematically buggy.)
- This Intro to QGIS tutorial was written by our own Mira Bernstein. It starts from scratch and walks you through to computing compactness scores for voting districts.
We also maintain a shared dropbox with many more articles and teaching resources. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for access.