Make some very filling burger patties!
- 2 cups cooked black beans (season your beans, people!)
- 1 half onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 jalapeno, chopped
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/2 cooked quinoa
- A bit o’ bread crumbs (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make:
- Cook your beans.
- Put oil in a pan on medium high heat.
- Saute onions for 5 min or until translucent.
- Add garlic and other spices and bloom (saute them in the oil while moving them around often to let the oils out) in pan for about 1 minute.
- Mix in the beans.
- Mash mixture.
- Add quinoa.
- Add breadcrumbs to your preferred consistency.
- Heat up the pan again, and form your bean mixture into patties and fry on pan until charred on both sides.
- Enjoy! ~ Can be eaten with burger buns to mimic a beef burger 😋