We have recently acquired 14 new electronic textbooks through the Stat!Ref platform. The Stat!Ref platform lets you search simultaneously across multiple textbooks. To get to it, simply go to the Hirsh Library website, click on the “Books” tab then click on “Stat!Ref.” Of course, you can also access these books individually by searching for them by title on JumboSearch.
If you’ve done dental searches on Stat!Ref or JumboSearch in the past the results will now look different – in a good way! All 14 of our new purchases were published within the last 5 years, and they cover everything from exercises to maintain or improve hand dexterity to dental codes to caries to implants to periodontitis and TMD. Here are a few titles we want to highlight in particular. You can find the full list at the end of the post.
First our most unique purchase, Dancing Hands. This book from 2013 looks at ways to improve ergonomics in the treatment room and improve manual dexterity of the dentist.
Need an introduction to materials used in restorative dentistry and how to select what? Check out Esthetic and Restorative Dentistry: Material Selection and Technique with entire chapters on composites, ceramics, impression taking, adhesives, posts, and more.
Treatment of TMDs: Bridging the Gap Between Advances in Research and Clinical Patient Management looks at orofacial pain, particularly in relation to the temporomandibular joint (TMJ). The biology of orofacial pain, as well as the biomechanics of the TMJ are established first, followed by diagnostic technology and therapeutic options ranging from injectables to pharmacologic management, including responsible use of opioids.
Here are all fourteen new acquisitions in alphabetical order. Just click on the title to browse the book on the Stat!Ref platform.
- Behavioral Dentistry, 2nd edition, 2014
- Code on Dental Procedures and Nomenclature, 2018
- Dancing Hands, 2013
- Essentials of Dental Caries, 4th edition, 2016
- Esthetic and Restorative Dentistry: Material Selection and Technique, 2nd edition, 2013
- Hall’s Critical Decisions in Periodontology and Dental Implantology, 5th edition, 2013
- Head, Neck, and Dental Anatomy, 4th edition, 2013
- Implant Therapy: The Integrated Treatment Plan – Volume 1: Diagnosis and Surgical Therapy, 2013
- An Introduction to Orthodontics, 4th edition, 2013
- Oral Microbiology and Immunology, 2nd edition, 2014
- The Oral-Systemic Health Connection: A Guide to Patient Care, 2014
- Oxford Handbook of Clinical Dentistry, 6th edition, 2014
- Pickard’s Guide to Minimally Invasive Operative Dentistry, 10th edition, 2015
- Treatment of TMDs: Bridging the Gap Between Advances in Research and Clinical Patient Management, 2013
We hope you enjoy our new purchases! Feel free to give feedback on our dental collection to Amanda Nevius, our library liaison to TUSDM.
Post contributed by Amanda Nevius
Tags4th floor affiliation books Boston circulation crafts electronic resource electronic resources events exams extended hours food fun fun lab funlab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holiday holiday hours holidays hours leisure reading library fun lab library service desk library staff new books open access open access week open workshop Open Workshops reserves resources staff statistics summer survey tea Thanksgiving therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library website welcome! writing consultants writing help
Follow us @TuftsHHSL!Twitter feed is not available at the moment.