We want to extend a warm welcome to the new UG students starting today and a belated but no less enthusiastic welcome to our new PG students! The library has quiet places for studying (and naps), collaboration space, and a café, which means, yes, you can eat and drink here.
- Have a question? Drop by the Service Desk on the 4th floor and chat to the librarian on call.
- Want more extended one-on-one help? Schedule an appointment with the dental librarian, Amanda Nevius.
- Speaking of Amanda, be sure to bookmark the Dental Resources she’s put together for TUSDM. It includes goodies like information on Board and Licensure Exam study resources, how to find Materials Research, and tips on conducting excellent EBD searches.
- Forget your charger and your phone’s about to die? Check one out at the Service Desk. For that matter, check out a laptop, a VGI cable, model teeth, real skulls, and more!
We wish you nothing but success here at Tufts and everyone at the library looks forward to getting to know you better!
Post contributed by Amanda Nevius
Welcome back everybody!
As you settle in to classes, it’s time for the Tufts University School of Dental Medicine to get Back to BaSiCsss! We hope you had a restful break, but the Basic Science/Clinical Science Spiral Seminar Series is back and kicking into high gear already.
The Hirsh Health Sciences Library is offering a workshop just for D’16s, to help refresh your memories about what you learned about research and finding evidence in your Epidemiology course. We’re offering the class four times over the next few months, and we hope to see you all as you meet with your groups and prepare your research questions, parse your PICOs, and find your evidence!
Please register for a session by following the links below:
January 15, 2015 / noon – 1:00 pm / Sackler 510 http://tufts.libcal.com/event.php?id=890083
February 12, 2015 / noon – 1:00 pm / Sackler 510 http://tufts.libcal.com/event.php?id=890084
March 12, 2015 / noon – 1:00 pm / Sackler 510 http://tufts.libcal.com/event.php?id=890085
April 2, 2015 / noon – 1:00 pm / Sackler 510 http://tufts.libcal.com/event.php?id=890086
Space is limited, so be sure to register early. Bring your clinical case information with you so you can work on your research during the Workshop!
Do you have a lot to say? Passionate about a topic in medicine or dentistry? Have you supported or conducted interesting research? Then you should consider publishing an article! Publishing can boost your resume and your reputation. Many student-focused journals exist for you to submit your work.
- The Medical Student Press Journal
- The Medical Student Research Journal
- The Medical Student International
- The Student Doctor Network
Tags4th floor affiliation books Boston circulation crafts electronic resource electronic resources events exams extended hours food fun fun lab funlab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holiday holiday hours holidays hours leisure reading library fun lab library service desk library staff new books open access open access week open workshop Open Workshops reserves resources staff statistics summer survey tea Thanksgiving therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library website welcome! writing consultants writing help
Follow us @TuftsHHSL!