Image source: https://pixabay.com/photo-514998/
Our special ‘Writing Personal Statements’ workshop has been rescheduled for Monday, March 27th from 12:45 to 1:45 PM in Sackler 507. Writing is hard; writing about yourself can be even harder. If you are preparing a personal statement for your medical school or other application, then this workshop is for you.
Christine Smith, MS, RD, the writing consultant at our library, adjunct lecturer at the Friedman School and former Senior Editor of the Tufts University Health & Nutrition Letter, will provide advice on writing personal statements and her top writing tips. We will also share books available at the library on application writing and interviewing.
Post contributed by Laura Pavlech
Join the Hirsh Health Sciences Library this Wednesday, October 16th, for a workshop on how to find and interpret Impact Factors!
This workshop is open to all Tufts students, faculty, and staff affiliates and will be in Room 510 of the Sackler Building from 12-1pm
Space is limited, so we ask you fill out a brief registration form HERE by 5pm on the 15th.
Hope to see you there!
HHSL is launching a new initiative to offer workshop classes open to all students, faculty, and staff of the university and medical center!
These classes will typically be held at lunch time and run about an hour. The sessions will cover a wide array of searching skills, research tools and other information discovery and management topics.
To find out more information on upcoming classes, follow our Google calendar, Twitter, Facebook or blog! Also keep an eye out for announcements in your departmental listservs. To reach the calendar and class description page, simply follow the “Open Classes at HHSL” link listed under Education.
Due to limited space, it may be difficult to provide service for walk-in attendees of popular topics, so we ask that you fill out a brief registration form if you plan to attend. A link to register is included in the course descriptions.
Tags4th floor 5th floor affiliation book review circulation copyright crafts databases electronic resource electronic resources events exams extended hours food fun fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holiday holiday hours holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan Leo library service desk library staff lunch new books open access open access week open workshop Open Workshops portals recipes resources staff statistics summer survey Thanksgiving therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library website
Follow Us on Twitter!
- How dogs’ sensitive noses could change cancer diagnosis: https://t.co/VcO0gK78wS via @slate about 4 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @lisagualtieri: Planning an educational summer? Professional development @TuftsMedSchool includes Digital Strategies for Health Comm htt… about 6 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsMedSchool: Early registration discount deadline is tomorrow (April 28)! https://t.co/6zOws5djBU https://t.co/cGz7tWAmGs about 6 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Some light Friday reading! A Bit of Statistical Fun | What's New @ HHSL https://t.co/sNBU5Mcp1O about 8 hours ago from Bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Perspective | People think juice is good for them. They're wrong. https://t.co/9nOUwRW9xJ 01:05:48 PM April 26, 2017 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsAlumni: Prof Dan Dennett’s new book 'From Bacteria to Bach & Back’ tackles the philosophical question 'Why are there minds?'https:… 10:25:00 AM April 26, 2017 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook