The Museum Educator will report to the Director of Museum Experience and will be primarily responsible for the creation and implementation of educational programming at the National Hellenic Museum. This includes developing and maintaining school and group tours and programs and activities, evaluating and developing potential educational programs, scheduling and coordinating school programs and tours, and assisting in the sponsorship and marketing of educational programs. The Museum Educator will also be responsible for training docents and assisting with volunteer scheduling.
Essential Job Functions:
- Plan, develop, and implement educational programs and tours for student, adult, and other visiting groups.
- Maintain a robust docent program.
- Develop and manage productive partnerships with outside organizations, locally, nationally, and internationally.
- Collaborate with area schools, colleges, and arts institutions.
- Assist in creating the content of all related promotional materials for educational programs.
- Assist in grant research and grant writing for educational programs.
- Using excellent customer service skills, establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, officials, and all members of the general public.
- Assist with volunteer scheduling, particularly as needed for tours, programs, and events.
- Provide support for programming (includes evenings and weekends.)
- Act as lead staff member on Saturdays.
LIMITATIONS & DISCLAIMER
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in art, education, museum studies or related field, Master’s degree in museum education highly preferred.
Experience: Experience working with children; Experience developing, managing and promoting programs and events, and working with people of all ages, experience working in a museum or cultural institution setting.
Required Skills: Strong organizational and communication skills, strong computer skills, ability to work independently and collaboratively and as a self-starter, strong research and writing skills.
Preferred Skills: Knowledge of museum practices, museum education standards, and event planning.
APPLY FOR THIS JOB
Leave a Reply