This position is located in the Museum Assets and Operations Group, Registration Office of the National Museum of the American Indian, Smithsonian Institution. The employee is responsible for managing loans, accessions, crating and shipping arrangements, condition reporting, and installations of NMAI’s objects and collections.
The Smithsonian Institution values and seeks a diverse workforce. Join us in “Inspiring Generations through Knowledge and Discovery.”
- Generates legal contracts for loans, accessions, and other agreements on time or in advance of deadlines and assures that all necessary legal forms are completed properly, signed by authorized individuals, and that originals and appropriate copies are preserved in official files.
- Catalogs objects through consultation with curatorial staff and through independent research, generates and updates condition reports, assigns and documents catalog numbers to objects, and coordinates and documents pest management actions.
- Plans and develops appropriate budgets concerning acquisitions, loans, or exhibitions for current and out years and communicates that to the Registrar and exhibition team project managers.
- Acts as Registration member on exhibition teams for exhibit preparation, legal contracts and certificates of insurance, crating and shipping, installing or de-installing objects, condition reporting, and other related tasks.
- Acts as courier for shipments, both domestic and international, installs objects in exhibition galleries, and generates condition reports with supporting photo documentation.
Leave a Reply