We interrupt our regularly scheduled posting to bring you a roundup of emergency preparedness links, in anticipation of Hurricane Irene this weekend. Even if she fizzles out (which certain of us would really appreciate, ok, Irene?), it’s good to be prepared, and to learn about helping your museum be prepared.
The NEDCC, always prepared, sent out this list of tips earlier this week:
TIPS TO HELP YOU PREPARE:
– review your disaster plan
– double-check your insurance policy
– check your gutters and downspouts
– move priority collections out of basements and off floors
– inventory disaster recovery supplies
– hold a planning meeting with staff today!
LINKS TO MORE INFORMATION:
Preparing Your Institution for Hurricanes ( Heritage Preservation)
Emergency Preparedness ( Library of Congress)
Track the Storm (NOAA)
EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT AGENCIES, STATE-BY-STATE:
We’ve covered this topic before on the TMSB, too. Here are a few useful posts with tips, learning resources, and other good information:
Leave a Reply