Apply by December 1, 2014.
The National Gallery of Art is currently looking to hire a full-time Education Assistant in the Education Division to support multi-generational public programs. The Education Assistant will work with a team of educators serving visitors ages four to adult through public programs that integrate art history and studio art. The Education Assistant is responsible for assisting with the administration, planning, implementation, and documentation of programs. Specifically, s/he will support programs by arranging logistics and administrative details of programs, managing budgets, preparing art materials, researching works in the collection, assisting with teaching, and documenting programs through photography and written notes.
A qualified candidate will have:
· a masters degree in art history, art education, studio art, museum education, or a masters degree in a related field
· a minimum of two years experience working in a museum or arts organization; experience working with family audiences a plus
· excellent verbal and written communication skills
· a high degree of organizational skill with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
· ability to move supply carts, set-up and clean-up of art-making materials and studio spaces, and other light lifting
Apply: Send by e-mail a cover letter, along with a resume, to Nathalie Ryan, Senior Educator and Manager of Family and Teen Programs, at email@example.com <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org> by December 1, 2014.
Rate of Pay: GS-7 rate ($42,631 per year) plus health benefits.
Questions: Email email@example.com <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
Leave a Reply