The Associate Director for Development (ADfD) is responsible for strengthening President Lincoln’s Cottage financially through a growing fundraising program. Reporting to the Director, the ADfD will be responsible for identifying new fundraising opportunities, participating in ongoing strategic planning and oversight of a 3-year marketing and development plan designed to diversify and strengthen fundraising activities at the site (e.g. rebranding and restructuring of the membership program, nurturing the new planned giving program, and strengthening the existing annual and major giving programs). The ADfD also oversees all communication and marketing activities that support fundraising, extending the messages and brand of the institution to the broader public.
- Support the Executive Director at a strategic level in stewardship of the major donor portfolio
- Help direct all fundraising and marketing activities including goal setting, tracking, acknowledgments, and follow-up
- Provide face-to-face interaction with donors and prospective donors
- Supervise Marketing & Membership Coordinator and Event Coordinator staff members
- Implement a rebranded and restructured membership program, manage growth of a budding planned giving program and annual fund, help direct strategy, review, and implementation of fundraising events.
- Assist the Executive Director in developing strategies to strengthen fundraising and marketing
- Implement and help direct foundation and corporate strategies, including identifying and coordinating applications for appropriate grants.
- Play a key role in strategic planning process
- Assist the Site Director in engaging the Advisory Board
- Serve as liaison with the NTHP development staff
- Other duties as assigned
- At least 8-10 years of professional level experience. Experience with budgeting, staffing, supervising professionals and leading teams to generate high quality results strongly preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years direct fund raising experience.
- Willingness to build a fundraising program at a new site and proven ability to build membership, donor base, and campaigns.
- Must be able to articulate the site’s mission to a wide range of audiences using a variety of methods and tools. Demonstrated success in reach out to and engaging culturally diverse audiences, and partners and donors.
- Advanced analytical and problem solving skills, including issue identification and prioritization.
- Advanced project-management, team-management and client-management skills. Ability to achieve results with moderate supervision.
- Experience coaching or leading staff, as well as successfully managing key internal and external stakeholders and relationships.
- Proven ability to collaborate with colleagues to implement processes and achieve results. Track record of building and maintaining productive relationships with multiple stakeholders.
- Proven ability to continually develop skills related to use of rapidly changing technology and communications best practices
- Effective presentation skills. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and skill set essential.
- Ability to adapt and be flexible in a dynamic work environment
- Highly organized and proven oral, written, administrative, and organizational skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel required. Familiarity with other software, including databases, a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent years of experience) required. Master’s degree or equivalent experience strongly preferred.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your cover letter and resume to: 248182-CSemail@example.com.
APPLY FOR THIS JOB
|Contact Person:||Human Resources|