DeCordova Sculpture Park and Museum’s Curatorial Department seeks a Curatorial Assistant to provide support for the daily and long-term operations of the department which include organizing and implementing contemporary art exhibitions, programming the 30-acre Sculpture Park, and managing a permanent collection of 4,000+ objects. The Curatorial Assistant will work closely with the entire department but report to the Deputy Director for Curatorial Affairs and Chief Curator.
Responsibilities involve organizing and maintaining exhibition and collection files; conducting research on the permanent collection and upcoming curatorial projects; facilitating communication with artists, curators, and lenders concerning production, installation and documentation of exhibitions; assisting with the preparation of exhibition labels and checklists; editing copy and obtaining reproductions for publications; assisting with the preparation of presentations and other materials for internal and external meetings and events; assisting with design and marketing projects; and other department duties as needed.
- BA (MA preferred) in Art History, Arts Administration, or Curatorial/Museum Studies and/or significant experience in arts-related non-profit. At least 2 years of office and/or museum experience.
- Excellent organizational, communications, and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask and respond quickly.
- Skilled in editing and design.
- Mastery of Microsoft Office Suite software (esp. Word, Excel, PP). Proficiency in InDesign and Photoshop preferred. Working knowledge of museum database systems a plus.
- Understanding of and high level of interest in contemporary art.
- Team player with a positive attitude.
How To Apply:
Interested candidates should send a resume, cover letter, and any additional relevant materials firstname.lastname@example.org , 51 Sandy Pond Road, Lincoln, MA 01773, ATTN: Curatorial Assistant. We will not respond to phone call inquiries for this position.
April 20, 2015
About this Organization:
Established in 1950 and located just 20 miles west of Boston, deCordova Sculpture Park and Museum is dedicated to fostering the creation and exploration of contemporary sculpture and art through a dynamic slate of rotating exhibitions, innovative learning opportunities, and a constantly changing landscape of large-scale, contemporary sculpture and site-specific installations in its 30-acre park.
To learn more about deCordova visit decordova.org.
DeCordova is a member-supported, 501(c)3 tax-exempt non-profit organization incorporated in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts , which receives funding support from federal and state cultural agencies, private and corporate foundations, and individuals.