The Ukrainian Museum (http://www.ukrainianmuseum.org/) is seeking an energetic museum professional with innovative ideas and excellent team- building skills.
- Assists the Director to carry out the daily operation of The UM. This includes, but may not be limited to, setting of operational goals and procedures, establishing priorities, designing work flow, evaluating work, preparation of budgets, collection development and management, implementation of exhibitions, programs and publications, public relations.
- Reports to and acts under the authority and supervision of the Director.
- Helps with staffing, personnel and administration policies, staff training and supervision.
- Attends Board of Trustees meetings and Executive Board meetings along with (or in lieu of) the Director.
- Assists the Director in the preparation and submission of annual and/or other reports as required by the Board of Trustees.
- Works with the Director in developing The Museum’s short- and long- range plans, policies and procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining communication with all professional museum organizations, i.e. AAM, CAA and others.
- A graduate degree from an accredited institution of higher learning in a subject area relevant to the collections and programs at The UM. (i. e. Museum Studies, Ukrainian Studies, Art History, Anthropology, Ethnography) or relevant combination of education and experience.
- Professional experience, including at least three years of administrative experience in museum management and service, including exhibition development and management, fundraising and grant-writing.
- Ability to plan, budget, supervise and solve “people’s problems” at work.
- Knowledge of current museum developments, trends, standards, technology and current literature on museology.
- Strong planning and organizational skills, excellent written and oral communication skills, outstanding interpersonal skills and an energetic can-do attitude are essential. Candidates must have proficiency in MS Office suite. Proficiency in other museum – related computer programs a plus.
- In addition to fluency (speaking and writing) in both English and Ukrainian, working knowledge of at least one of the following languages: Russian, German or French is desirable.??
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Send letter of interest and cv by May 4, 2015 to:
APPLY FOR THIS JOB