The Saint Louis Art Museum seeks an Assistant/Associate Curator of American Art. This position reports to the Curator of American Art and Supervises Interns and Volunteers. This individual will be responsible for shaping and developing the American art collection and exhibition programs. The successful candidate will research, interpret, and publish on the Museum’s collection of American art, organize exhibitions, and cultivate donor relationships.
DUTIES, WORK PERFORMED:
- Develop and oversee American art exhibitions.
- Interpret and provide information on the American art collection including cataloging and documenting of objects, publications, lectures and docent training.
- Assist with the growth of the American art collection, enhancing its quality through proposed acquisitions and deaccessions.
- Assist in ongoing installation of American art collection.
- Collaborate with curatorial and development colleagues to provide support and programming as needed for collector and patron groups.
- Work with conservators and registrars to assure proper storage, handling, restoration and preservation of objects in the collection.
- Assist with donor cultivation, including providing guidance to private collectors, and shepherding relationships between them and the museum.
This position will remain open until filled. To learn more, interested candidates should submit an application online at www.slamcareers.org .
THE SAINT LOUIS ART MUSEUM IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Master’s degree required; PhD strongly preferred. Previous museum experience with a demonstrated commitment to scholarship through a record of research, publication, and exhibitions is strongly preferred
APPLY FOR THIS JOB