The James Library & Center for the Arts, a small South Shore arts center which features an event venue, library, and art gallery, seeks a highly-organized Executive Director to lead this small, non-profit arts organization. This part-time position involves developing and administering high quality events and programming, leading and sustaining fundraising initiatives, organizing and managing volunteers and a small staff, and supervising the day-to-day activities at the James.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Overseeing the existing programs and creating new programs in the areas of music, literature, and the arts in conjunction with the James’ Strategic Plan.
- Designing and implementing a fundraising strategy, including the annual fund program, sponsorship/marketing opportunities, and grant writing.
- Representing the James to the community and helping to cultivate patrons, volunteers and donors.
- Supervising staff and recruiting and organizing volunteers.
- Coordinating and implementing special events.
- Creating all communications including an annual brochure, web presence, media releases, and social media, and promoting all events and programs.
- Working within a well-defined budget with the Board Treasurer and Bookkeeper to oversee financial affairs.
Must be an organized self-starter with demonstrated leadership skills and success in fundraising/sales or marketing. Experience with event planning, knowledge of computers and social media, and excellent verbal and written communications skills are required. Experience in literature and the arts and a knowledge of the south shore and its resources for non-profit organizations are a plus. A college degree is required.
How To Apply:
Please e-mail a cover letter and resume to Betsy Gordon, Preliminary Search Committee Chair, at JamesLibrarySearch@gmail.com or mail to: James Library & Center for the Arts, ED Search Committee, P.O. Box 164, Norwell, MA 02061.
May 15, 2015
Salary is competitive and commensurate with appropriate experience.
About this Organization:
The mission of the James Library & Center for the Arts is to inspire creativity, learning and an appreciation for the arts through music, visual and literary programs in an historic and welcoming space for the community. For more information visit: www.jameslibrary.org.