A leading New York gallery in Asian art is seeking an experienced, full-time Gallery Manager/Director to join their busy team.
The Gallery Manager/Director will be responsible for all of the gallery’s day-to-day operations including managing and coordinating with the gallery’s small staff in all areas from gallery exhibitions and art fairs, to gallery management and administration. This individual will work directly with the owner with short- and long-term projects and strategic initiatives in addition to developing relationships with collectors and curators.
– The successful candidate must have previously held a senior-level position at a leading gallery, museums or in a related field with at least 10 years experience.
– Must hold a minimum of a bachelor’s degree
– Have outstanding written and verbal communication skills, both in person and over the phone
– Strong team building capabilities and diplomatic skills
– Highly organized, proficient in multi-tasking, and ability to prioritize
– A sense of humor and ability to be calm and work efficiently under time constraints
– Foreign language proficiency preferred
– Excellent computer skills, including high proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel, basic skills in Adobe CS
– Familiarity with Mac computers and experience with art database systems
– Experience with basic bookkeeping and QuickBooks
This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday, with occasional evening and weekends required for exhibitions and art fairs. Applicant should be available for a mid-May start date. Salary commensurate with experience; benefits offered.
To apply, please email a resume with a cover letter of interest to email@example.com. Please include you name and position title in the subject line.
Please note only candidates of interest will be contacted. No phone calls or walk-ins please.