MITS is a not-for profit corporation whose mission is to promote the teaching of participatory, inquiry-based science, mathematics and technology/engineering education at the K-12 levels in partnership with museums and other non-profit organizations. MITS provides Professional Development programs and resources for K-12 formal and informal educators.
The Assistant Education Director works closely with the Director of Education to coordinate and maintain current MITS programs, provide programmatic and administrative support for these programs, and assist with developing new initiatives. This is a full time position based in Quincy, MA with some travel throughout Massachusetts.
- Develop, implement, and coordinate Professional Development Institutes for K-12 educators
- Assist with development, implementing and managing:
- Professional Development Seminar Series for MITS partner organizations
- Customized School Services
- Organize and present professional development workshops, conference presentations and other presentations for teachers, museum educators and informal educators
- Work with MITS Lead Educators to coordinate logistics, registration, marketing and record keeping for Summer Professional Development Institutes and workshops
- Serve as the liaison for MITS to institutes of high education providing credit for MITS institutes
- Market and promote MITS programs and resources
- Assist with mailings, record keeping and other office tasks as required
Closing Date: May 4th or until the position is filled.
- Masters Degree in education, science or related field
- Formal and/or informal teaching experience using inquiry based, hands-on methods
- Excellent writing, editing, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and in a team
- Knowledge of national and Massachusetts education standards, and STEM initiatives
- Program management experience
- Willingness to travel to meetings throughout MA
For further information about MITS, visit www.mits.org. To apply, send cover letter and resume to Sandra Ryack-Bell, Executive Director, MITS, 1354 Hancock Street, Quincy, MA 02169, 617-328-1515, firstname.lastname@example.org. MITS is an equal opportunity employer.
May 04, 2015
Commensurate with experience
MITS is a non-profit organization whose mission is to promote and improve hands-on, minds-on inquiry-based science, technology, and engineering education (STEM) through professional development programs for educators. For more information visit www.mits.org.